Monday, November 10, 2008

The Grass Menagerie

We had a fairly severe change of weather over the week end, but last week it was still quite a bit like summer. Normally I wouldn't allow this type of thing on my front lawn, but as you can see I am allowing it, even photographing it. This photo was taken on Thursday, November 6th.
Because the rut is nearing, the time of year when the big bucks loose their fear and chase the does around, I am allowing it. I like to see the big bucks and would love to photograph one on my front lawn. Once the rut is over, the BB gun comes out again and I will scatter them to the four winds
The photo above shows what the weather looks like this morning, Monday November 10, 2008, quite a dramatic change from a week ago, but I guess it is time to get ready for winter.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pictures Vernile. You live in a beautiful spot. Thanks for sharing these moments.

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I wish I could figure this out. I left a comment, but as usual it didn't take. I will try this again. I loved your pictures. i was so busy looking out the front window this a.m. I didn't see Pine Valley. Glad you were with it, and had your camera handy. Love you, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that amazing? Where else on earth would you find wild turkeys and deer on your front lawn. What a cool photo and also the one this morning.......Is that snow, or frost? Also, I like your new turkey background. Love Ya, Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I love the title on this one. The pictures make me miss being there already. Looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome