Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Still Winter

We got another foot of snow yesterday. It seems like February wants to tell us that it is still winter. When it got light this morning it didn't look like very much, but it was still snowing and blowing and I didn't want to go outside. I worked in my den most of the morning and didn't realize it was still coming down until I looked out around 2:00pm and decided I better shovel some snow. Some places were deeper than others, but on my air conditioner units behind the house where it is kind of sheltered from the wind there was easily 12 inches. By the time I got the driveway shoveled it seemed like forty. It was wet and heavy.
I got on the skid steer and ploughed out the lane. It was hard because the ground is soft underneath and I kept taking gravel along with the snow. On the north side of the house is is really soggy. I would have been better off just to stay away from there but we have kids coming this weekend and they need their parking place cleaned. I hope it will dry out a little before they come.
It warmed up today and by this afternoon a lot has melted. I went out and took some photos. Every time I look at the Kolobs I want to take a picture. It seems like they change from moment to moment.

7 comments:

  1. Super pictures Vernile! I, like you, always want to take a picture of the Kolobs, they are always amazing.....we are so blessed aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures. I am very impressed with your photography talent. I will be glad when winter's reign is over and we can have some nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe the amount of snow you have got again. I thought you were probably getting it. When it snowed up here it was coming from the south and that is usually a sign that Harmony is getting dumped on. When I left down there today, I thought how pretty the cliffs looked and wished I had brought my camera for a blog, but I didn't have to because you did a good one. Great photos. I love the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, love it,love it, and love....well you get the picture. I just drove Robert down to Lowell's in, yet, another (today is the 12th) beautiful snow storm. Robert just called me and said that the closer you get to the freeway, the less snow. We have another new 4-5 inches at our place and coming down heavily. Lowell has two more cars taking up residency at his place, and I Deanna Groke am actually driving Daddy's old pick-up. I haven't lost my touch. I have to thank Lowell for teaching me to drive vehicles that have clutches. Vernile, thanks for the pictures. Sorry I missed your blog yesterday. Love ya, Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some beautiful pictures Vernile! All you Prince's must have the eye for photography!
    Dinner was fun! Thanks for letting me come.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, thank you, thank you. We managed to get ourselves in last night, but we weren't looking forward to shoveling our way out. Hopefully we'll be gone on Monday before too much snow falls. Sandy & Edie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We haven't had a good snow in ages, seems like. I love to keep track of you by watching your blog; thanks for keeping it updated, even with simple things like this I feel closer to you and Mom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome