Sunday, January 3, 2021

Make Asphalt Great Again

We finally got asphalt on our road.  We have been fighting the dust and mud now for almost 14 years.  I have wanted to asphalt our road for quite some time now but Elma Lynne has been dragging her feet, thinking that we could probably put the money to better use elsewhere, but she finally relented and we got the job done.

Last year when Garth was having the main road seal-coated I talked to one of the workers there about giving me a bid to do my road.  He gave me a bid of $33,000 and  said it would be be good through next summer, giving me the winter to getting Elma Lynne to agree to the project.

They started the project on June 2nd and only took a couple of days to complete it.  It turned out really nice and I am very pleased.  They put down and compacted three inches of road base and then about three inches of asphalt about twelve feet wide.

They came back in September and put on a sealcoat so now it should be ready for winter.  In fact several winters, I am hoping for five or more before it needs to be sealed again.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome