Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fall Colors

It seems that the fall colors are exceptionally brilliant this year. Perhaps it is my imagination, maybe not. The maples which are normally the showiest, had a very short run. They had just turned when we had our early cold snap and they all dropped. The same with the quakies up high. The others seemed to have sensed the loss and tried to make up for it. We are certainly enjoying the fall colors. It seems like anywhere we look from our house we are treated to a kaleidoscope pf color and beauty.
I usually ignore the brown, attracted more to the reds and golds, but seems to me that even the brown colors are exceptionally beautiful this year.We purchased some Chrysanthemums for Memorial Day, and after they spent a week at the cemetery we cut the blooms back and planted them in our little flower bed. They spent all summer recovering and have now bloomed again after all the other flowers have frozen. Brent says they normally bloom in the fall, triggered by the shorter days.

I hope you are enjoying the fall colors as much as we are. If you live in an area where they are not so viewable, it would be worth the trip to drive into one of the canyons before they are all gone.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I drove down to your place on Wednesday after I left Dad's. I got some good photos of the leaves too. Sunday must be a good blog day for everyone. Enjoyed Clay's blog about his mom. Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are Awesome!! You are so lucky to live right in the middle of all that Beauty..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Vernile,
    We drove up Cedar Mtn. a few weekends ago and you are so right, the colors seem to be very brilliant this year. I could not believe the yellows. Thanks for sharing your view of the world.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vernile, I loved reading about your shed. You have done a wonderful job. It is so fun having you guys here.

    You pictures are great. Would you mind if I put some of them in my file. I think New Harmony has more fall colors than I have ever seen. I just wish I could capture it all.

    Love ya, Deanna

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome