Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Photo Shoot

Well, I have given up my amature status and turned pro. Never again will I have to hand someone my camera and beg them to take a photo of me. Never again will I be the only one not in the photo. People will be lining New Harmony's Main Street to watch for me when I go get the mail, with their point-and-shoot hidden behind their aprons and overalls. I may never see the stars in the sky at night again, blinded by the flash of camers strobes popping like fireworks at Disneyworld.


Yes, I am a real model. A group of about 10 photographers showed up in my front yard last Friday afternoon with tripods, reflectors and very expensive cameras. They took all sorts of photos of the old barns, the cows, horses, fences and even some pretty girls they brought with them dresses up in western garb that I am sure had never been near a horse before. But they were particularly interested in me. I'm standing there holding my horse Cletus, trying to keep him from going nuts and kicking the daylights out of this injured football player turned model, and I realize that I am going to be in the background of some of their photos. I watched closely, and I saw them purposely changing the angle of the shot so I would be included. One of them even said I had character. Or maybe she said I was a character, I'm not sure.


Anyhow, if you see a shot of this buff looking jock dressed like a hayseed holding a good looking sorrel gelding, look closely at the background and you might see me there. I wouldn't be surprised if we make the cover of "Western Horseman", or "Equine Unlimited", or maybe even "Old Barns Of Distinction".


I know this all sounds pretty incredible, and if you don't believe me see my brother Brent's blog at http://brentprince.blogspot.com/2008/10/prince-brothers-debut-as-cowboy-models.html

4 comments:

  1. I love the photos. You do have character! I'll be looking for you on the cover of SOMETHING. Can't wait to see them all. Thanks for giving me some reading material. Claudine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good shots of both my good looking brothers..my heros have always been cowboys and you two are at the top of the hero list..Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Blog Vernile....I think I better get your autograph next time I see you, before you get too famous! Nice to have rich and famous cousins :)
    Talonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Barns of Distinction......that's classic! What a hoot. Looking good, Uncle V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome