Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Day

I guess I got just what I deserve. Last Monday we were in Kamas to spend some pre-Christmas time with Darin and family. I stopped by at All West and said hello to some of my former co-workers and I was a little too smug as I bragged about not having to shovel my driveway at all last winter. When we got home Tuesday night there was 24" of that cold white stuff blocking the road. I made it to the bridge but that was all.

Luckily I carry some cold weather gear in a duffel bag when we travel in the winter, so I put on the boots and coat and started hiking. It only took about 200 yards to find out I am in really poor shape. My boots were only 12" high, so I was getting the top 12" of snow down them and so I tried to hurry, but I was puffing like a steam locomotive. Trudging onward I finally made it to the house and changed into some real cold weather gear (my ice fishing clothes) then went out and started the skidster but soon had it stuck. I went and got the truck out of the garage and was afraid I was going to get it stuck too, but what a machine! There was snow above the front bumper, but it pushed through and I made it back to the bridge. We left the car at the neighbor's house and took the truck and made it back to the house. I shoveled for a couple of hours last night and spent most of the day today pushing snow after getting the skidster un-stuck.
It started snowing again about five this evening and at 7:30 there is about two inches of new snow. From the looks of the weather map, which I have inserted below, we could be in for another two feet by tomorrow night! I can hardly wait so I can start shoveling again.

5 comments:

  1. I have not seen that much snow since I was a little kid. I want to come and play in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right...I need to quit being such a whiner. We actually got hit twice this week. But just a few inches each time. Not really what I was expecting though. Glad you got home safely though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Klondike effect must have rubbed off on you, I guess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you are alive and well. I am sorry the tractor was on the Flat when you needed it!

    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I won't complain about the snow that we got either.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome