Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Last Gasp Of Winter... I hope!

I'm sorry old man, but I'm through shoveling. I simply refuse to pick up another snow shovel until next winter, say maybe December. I know, I know, that really sounds harsh. It is not, however, directed toward a person. The 'old man' I am referring to is Old Man Winter.

Yes, I am done. I simply refuse to shovel any more snow. Whatever comes, I'll drive through it, I'll walk through it, wade through it, or even swim through it, but I have shoveled enough.

Brent brought me some snowshoes yesterday that were owned by our Uncle Reed. They look like they might be World War II vintage. If I have to put them on and hike to town for food, I will. If I have to live off food storage oatmeal and powdered milk I will. I might even do bodily harm to the next person that says they are thankful for more snow(Watch out Deanna).

Actually, I can be a very patient person if I have to. How long can it take to melt seven inches of new snow. It had settled to about four inches before it started snowing again this afternoon. I just checked the weather radar and there is another green/blue blob headed our way and will surely dump some more on us tonight. Then there is more in the forecast about every other day all week. But I'm not going to shovel any of it. And don't ask for my help shoveling your place either.

Just how much is a person supposed to be able to take? I want to see green grass. I want to feel the sun on my bare arms. I want to romp and play in the flowery meadows... well maybe that's a little overdone. I want to go fishing. I want to hike Lawson Hill and find Snow Flowers. I want to golf with the prairie dogs in Cedar City. I want to ride the four wheeler and leave a trail of dust. I want to till the garden. I want to see leaves on the trees. I want to hear crickets, and frogs. I want to listen to the grass grow... could that be worse than listening to the snow melt?
Do you get what I'm trying to say here? I'm simply tired of winter. I guess I have Spring Fever. I have heard it is quite contagious, so you better not get too close. In fact it is so contagious you might catch it just from reading this blog.

4 comments:

  1. i just want to see you romp and play in the flowery meadow.... :)
    i feel your pain and i don't even live there. hang in there, spring can't be far off...can it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I better quit saying how much I love the snow. It's not just Deanna. You can tell I don't have to shovel it. I just like to stay in the house and enjoy it through the window. Funny blog....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a second there I thought someone had hacked into your blog and was writing a letter to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that snow I see outside that window, no it is sand on the beach covered with bodies. Mitch is kept very busy because he has to turn all those bodies over every hour. Today the temp. is 79* morning, noon and evening. I think I have to get out of bed and wait for it to warm up so I can go out by the pool. Everyone else is out there by 8 am. I have to get up early to get out there and get my lounger. Maui is wonderful and amazing. Let us know how the SNOW STRIKE goes.......

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome